The hard drive (HDD) has been around for more than 50 years and has been a vital component in nearly every type of computer and data storage device. Today, the HDD is considered a commodity and is made of many different types of materials. The way hard drives store data has changed drastically over the past few decades, which is why there is so much confusion about what type of hard drive to get for different types of computer and data storage needs.
The principal factor in choosing a hard drive is the amount of data you need to store. The most important factor to consider is the amount of available space, which can be deduced through the formula [MB] / [GB] x [1GB = 1TB].
Also, you must consider factors like the drive’s warranty and how well it will work with your computer. But there are other considerations as well. For instance, how many hot-swap drives should you get? If you’re like most people, the answer is one. The hot-swap feature is a must-have feature that allows you to replace an external drive without powering down your computer.
In 2021, there will be plenty of new hard disk drives (HDDs) coming to market, and most of them will be available in multiple capacities. So, are you ready to select the best HDD?
Choosing the Best HDD
The world of storage devices is more confusing than ever. New hard drives are being released every day, and for the average consumer, it can be hard to know which ones to buy.
To help you decide, we have created a short list of the best hard drives in 2021. Check out the following:
- Seagate Firecuda Desktop – The Seagate Firecuda Desktop is an amazing storage device. It has the capacity to hold loads of data, which gives you plenty of space for all your important files, videos, and photos. Since Firecuda uses the 7200 RPM SATA-3 interface, it can transfer data at a faster rate. This means that you can transfer large amounts of data in a period of time, which means that you can use the Firecuda without any delay.
- WD My Book – The WD My Book is a great external hard drive from WD that is designed for users who want to back up their files, store their photos, and store their movies. This USB 3.0 Hard Drive is a durable and reliable hard drive storage product that can store up to 3 terabytes of data. Not only the WD My Book 3TB is compact and portable, but it also has a sleek design and fast transfer speeds, making it a great choice for any desktop computer, laptop, or media player. It is also compatible with both Windows and Mac environments.
- Toshiba X300 – Toshiba X300 is a new HDD that was launched in the year 2018. This HDD is available in two variants, 1TB and 2TB. The X300 is a hybrid hard disk drive that utilizes a combination of HDD and NAND inside a single casing. The hard disk drive uses a higher RPM which generates higher speed and performance. This HDD can provide approximately 40MB/s transfer speed which is up to 10 percent faster than the previous HDD.
- G-Technology G-Drive – The G-Technology G-drive is a versatile, easy-to-use, reliable hard drive by G-Technology that can greatly improve the performance of your computer. Unlike traditional hard drives that use rotating platters to store data, the G-Drive uses laser technology to store data. The result is a faster, more reliable, and seamless experience. G-Technology is best known as the manufacturer of the popular G-Drive line of all-in-one storage solutions, which have been dubbed “the most portable hard drives on the planet.”
- WD VelociRaptor – The WD VelociRaptor WD3000HLHX 300GB Sata 6gb/S Enterprise is one of the best hard drives currently available and is a fantastic choice if you’re looking for an external hard drive. It’s not the most powerful available, but it’s the only portable hard drive on test with a 1000RPM spindle speed, so it’s well-suited to the task of storing large files.
- Seagate BarraCuda – Seagate’s BarraCuda 3.5” SATA 3-7200RPM drive is one of the most reliable Hard Drives on the market. With its amazing storage capacity (500GB), the BarraCuda 3.5” drive is great for everyday computing and high-end storage requirements. This drive is perfect for home and office, as you need to back up your files and work efficiently with your PC. It also works great with other devices such as gaming consoles, computers, or even TV.
So, which among the best HDD in 2021 will you choose?